This article provides an overview and summary of the COBIT 5 process Manage Assets, which is part of the Management – build (Build, Acquire, Implement) domain.
The purpose of this COBIT 5 process is to manage IT assets through their life cycle making sure their use delivers maximum value to the organisation. This includes ensuring optimal cost, operationally fit for purpose, they are accounted for and physically protected, critical assets supporting mission critical systems are reliable and available.
The following sub-governance processes are further supported by a list of control activities:
- Identify and record current assets. Maintain an up-to-date and accurate record of all IT assets required to deliver IT services.
- Manage critical assets. Identify assets that are critical in providing service capability and take steps to maximise their reliability and availability – heightened support.
- Manage the asset life cycle. Manage assets from procurement to disposal to ensure that assets are utilised as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Optimise asset costs. Regularly review the overall asset base to identify ways to optimise costs.
- Manage licences. Manage software licences so that the optimal number of licences is maintained to support the IT services.
For more information please contact Morland-Austin at email@example.com.