This article provides an overview and summary of the COBIT 5 process Manage Portfolio, which is part of the Management – Plan (Align, Plan and Organise) domain.
The purpose of this COBIT 5 process is to execute the strategic direction set for investments in line with the organisation architecture vision. This includes evaluation and prioritisation of programmes and services, managing demand within resource and funding constraints based on the strategic alignment. The objective is to improve the performance of the overall portfolio of IT programmes/projects with emphasis on changing organisation priorities and demands.
The following sub-governance processes are further supported by a list of control activities:
- Establish the target investment mix. Ensure clarity of the organisation and IT strategies and current services. Define an appropriate investment mix based on cost, alignment with strategy.
- Determine the availability and sources of funds. Determine potential sources of funds, different funding options and potential return on investments.
- Evaluate and select programmes to fund. Based on the overall investment portfolio mix requirements, evaluate and prioritise programme based on organisation cases.
- Monitor, optimise and report on investment portfolio performance. Regularly monitor and improve performance of the investment portfolio and individual programmes.
- Maintain portfolios. Maintain portfolios of IT investment programmes and projects, and IT services.
- Manage benefits achievement. Assess the benefits of the IT services and capabilities, based on the organisation case.
For more information please contact Morland-Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org.