This article provides an overview and summary of the COBIT 5 process Manage Quality, which is part of the Management – Plan (Align, Plan and Organise) domain.
The purpose of this COBIT 5 process is to define and communicate quality requirements in all processes, procedures, solutions, controls using proven practices and standards in continuous improvement and efficiency efforts. The goal is to ensure consistent delivery of solutions and services to satisfy stakeholder needs.
The following sub-governance processes are further supported by a list of control activities:
- Establish a quality management system (QMS). Implement a QMS that provides a standard, formal and continuous approach to quality management for all IT related services and solutions.
- Define and manage quality standards, practices and procedures. Manage requirements, standards, procedures and practices for key processes.
- Focus quality management on customers. Focus quality management on organisation customers by determining their requirements.
- Perform quality monitoring, control and reviews. Monitor the quality of processes and services on an ongoing basis as defined by the QMS.
- Integrate quality management into solutions for development and service delivery. Implement relevant quality management practices into the definition, monitoring, reporting and ongoing management of solutions and services.
- Maintain continuous improvement. Maintain and regularly communicate an overall quality plan that promotes continuous improvement.
For more information please contact Morland-Austin at email@example.com.