This article provides an overview and summary of the COBIT 5 process Manage Problems, which is part of the Management – Run (Deliver, Service, Support) domain.
The purpose of this COBIT 5 process to manage problems and their root causes and provide timely resolution to prevent recurring incidents. The goal is to increase availability, improve service levels, reduce service disruptions and costs, and improve customer satisfaction by providing stable and reliable IT services.
The following sub-governance processes are further supported by a list of control activities:
- Identify and classify problems. Implement procedures to report problems, including classification, categorisation and prioritisation.
- Investigate and diagnose problems. Investigate problems using relevant subject matter experts to analyse root causes.
- Raise known errors. Create known-error records and deliver appropriate workarounds and solutions.
- Resolve and close problems. Implement solutions addressing the root causes, raising change requests via the established change management process.
- Perform proactive problem management. Proactively assess operational data (especially incident and change records) to identify emerging trends highlighting problems.
For more information please contact Morland-Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org.