This article provides an overview and summary of the COBIT 5 process Manage Service Agreements, which is part of the Management – Plan (Align, Plan and Organise) domain.
The purpose of this COBIT 5 process is to align IT services with the organisation needs and expectations, including identification, specification, design, publishing, agreement, and monitoring of IT service levels and performance metrics. The goals is to ensure IT meets current and future business needs.
The following sub-governance processes are further supported by a list of control activities:
- Identify IT services. Assess business requirements and which IT services and service levels support business processes. Agree on service delivery levels with the business partners.
- Catalogue IT-enabled services. Define and maintain one or more service catalogues for relevant target business groups.
- Define and prepare service agreements. Define and prepare service agreements based on the service in the service catalogue.
- Monitor and report service levels. Assess service levels, report on achievements and identify trends.
- Review service agreements and contracts. Carry out periodic service reviews based on the service agreements.
For more information please contact Morland-Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org.