This article provides an overview and summary of the COBIT 5 process Manage Relationships, which is part of the Management – Plan (Align, Plan and Organise) domain.
The purpose of this COBIT 5 process is to manage the relationship between the organisation and IT stakeholders with focus on achieving a common goal of successful organisation outcomes. This relationship must be based on mutual trust, using open communication and taking ownership and accountability for the key decisions. This leads to increased confidence in IT and improved outcomes and benefits.
The following sub-governance processes are further supported by a list of control activities:
- Understand organisation expectations. Understand the organisation issues, objectives and expectations for IT.
- Identify opportunities, risks and constraints for IT to enhance the organisation. Identify potential opportunities for IT help improve organisation performance.
- Manage the organisation relationship. Build and manage the relationships with the organisation customers.
- Co-ordinate and communicate. Work with organisation stakeholders and co-ordinate the delivery of IT services and solutions.
- Provide input to the continual improvement of services. Continually improve and evolve IT services and align accordingly with organisation and technology requirement changes.
For more information please contact Morland-Austin at email@example.com.