This article provides an overview and summary of the COBIT 5 process Ensure Benefits Delivery, which is part of the Governance – Evaluate, Direct and Monitor domain.
The purpose of this COBIT 5 process is to optimise the value contribution to the organisation from IT services and IT assets. Value from IT initiatives, services and assets delivered in a cost-efficient manner is crucial to ensure that:
- The organisation is securing value from its portfolio IT services.
- Value is derived from IT investment through effective benefits management practices.
The following sub-governance processes are further supported by a list of control activities:
- Evaluate value optimisation. Continually evaluate the IT portfolio to determine the likelihood of achieving organisation objectives and delivering value at a reasonable cost.
- Direct value optimisation. Implement value and benefits management practices to enable maximum value creation and realisation.
- Monitor value optimisation. Monitor the IT goals and metrics to expected value and benefits are being delivered.
For more information please contact Morland-Austin at email@example.com.