This article provides an overview and summary of the COBIT 5 process Manage Human Resources, which is part of the Management – Plan (Align, Plan and Organise) domain.
The purpose of this COBIT 5 process is to provide a structured approach to ensure optimal acquisition, management and skills development of human resources. This includes communicating the defined organisational structures, roles and responsibilities, learning and growth plans, and performance expectations, supported with high calibre people.
The following sub-governance processes are further supported by a list of control activities:
- Maintain adequate and appropriate staffing. Regularly evaluate staffing requirements and levels to ensure sufficient capacity.
- Identify key IT personnel. Identify key IT skills and personnel and avoid reliance on limited individuals performing a critical tasks – knowledge capture, sharing, succession planning.
- Maintain the skills and competencies of personnel. Define and manage the skills and competencies required of personnel.
- Evaluate employee job performance. Carry out periodic performance evaluations against individual objectives derived from the organisation and IT goals, established standards, specific job responsibilities, and the skills and competency framework.
- Plan and track the usage of IT and organisation human resources. Assess current and future demand for organisation and IT human resources.
- Manage contract staff. Ensure that consultants and contract staff comply with the organisation’s policies and meet their contractual requirements.
For more information please contact Morland-Austin at email@example.com.