This article provides an overview and summary of the COBIT 5 process Ensure Resource Optimisation, which is part of the Governance – Evaluate, Direct and Monitor domain.
Ensure that adequate and sufficient IT-related capabilities (people, process and technology) are available to support enterprise objectives effectively at optimal cost.
The purpose of this COBIT 5 control is to ensure that the IT resource needs of the organisation are met in the most efficient manner. This includes adequate IT capabilities (people, process and technology) are available to support organisational objectives being delivered effectively at optimal cost by ensuring:
- Resource needs and capabilities of the organisation are met.
- Resources are prioritised and allocated to best meet organisational needs.
- Optimal use of resources is achieved.
The following sub-governance processes are further supported by a list of control activities:
- Evaluate resource management. Continually assess current and future need for IT resources, options for resourcing (including sourcing strategies), and allocation.
- Direct resource management. Implement resource management strategies to enable optimal use of IT resources.
- Monitor resource management. Monitor key metrics of the resource management processes and address problems.
For more information please contact Morland-Austin at email@example.com.