This article provides an overview and summary of the COBIT 5 process Performance and Conformance, which is part of the Management – Monitor (Monitor, Evaluate, Assess) domain.
The purpose of this COBIT 5 process is to collect, validate and evaluate organisation, IT and process goals and metrics. This includes monitoring the processes to ensure they are performing against set performance and conformance targets and provide timely reporting. The goal is to provide transparency of performance and drive achievement of goals and objectives.
The following sub-governance processes are further supported by a list of control activities:
- Establish a monitoring approach. Engage stakeholders to implement a monitoring system to measure service delivery performance.
- Set performance and conformance targets. Engage stakeholders to agree and set realistic performance and conformance targets.
- Collect and process performance and conformance data. Collect and process timely and accurate data.
- Analyse and report performance. Periodically review and report performance against targets.
- Ensure the implementation of corrective actions. Engage stakeholders in implementing corrective actions.
For more information please contact Morland-Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org.